Put simply, Visa is the most recognised banking solution both online and offline. Since the early 1950s, Visa has become the most widely used credit card around the world. This powerful piece of plastic allows fast, easy, and secure payments you can use almost anywhere – including of course at online casinos!
Why use Visa at online casinos
There are many advantages to using Visa when playing at an online casino. Here are but a few:
- Accepted everywhere: The brand’s tagline, “Life takes Visa,” is not just another empty marketing slogan. All the best online casinos use it as one of their main banking options.
- Fast:Deposits are instantly accepted by Visa casinos, so you can jump into your game play right away!
- Secure: Visa remains a top credit card not only because of the convenience it provides, but also because of the top level security it ensures for customers – both in terms of their money as well as their privacy.
- Extra perks: A lot of Visa online casinos offer rewards and freebies when you use your credit or debit card. This varies from casino to casino, and may be related to their individual promos such as loyalty and reward points programs.
Depositing money to your casino account using Visa
Making online deposits at the best Visa casinos is very simple. Take for example Royal Vegas Casino’s system, a fairly standard system you’ll find in most online casinos. All you need to do is:
- Go to ‘Banking’ (in other casinos this may be called ‘Cashier’ or a similar term)
- Click ‘Add card’ from the ‘Credit cards’ option
- Fill in the form to register your card
- Select your Visa card from the dropdown menu
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit
- Enter your three digit CVC number
- Finally, click on the ‘Next’ button to verify your deposit
Once you’ve registered your card, subsequent casino Visa deposits are even easier! Just go to Banking/Cashier, select your card, enter the deposit amount and your CVC number (for security), and click to confirm.
Remember, if you’re uncomfortable entering your banking details online, some casinos are open to accepting these details over the phone or via fax.
How to withdraw your winnings using Visa
Your Visa card can also be used to cash out your winnings from online casinos. To complete your withdrawal, you must have your Visa card registered at the casino. All you need to do is:
- Log in to your casino account
- Go to the ‘Bank’ tab and click on ‘Withdraw’
- The various withdrawal methods will be displayed. Click on ‘Credit and Debit Card’
- Select your card from the dropdown menu
- Enter the amount you wish to cash out, then click ‘Withdraw’
Just be sure to carefully read through your favourite casino’s banking policies. Some may not be able to cash out your winnings using your Visa card because of restrictions based on your country.
Keep in mind that processing periods and withdrawal limits can vary for each casino. There are casinos that can transfer the money within 24 hours, while others may take three or more working days. Also, some casinos may require you to submit a proof of identity such as copies of your billing statements or your driver’s license, as part of their process.
The bottom line is that Visa is a great choice when looking to fund your online casino account. Besides the fact that it’s a widely accepted payment method, Visa itself goes to great lengths to protect your information – a real concern for many online players.
That being said, it’s always best to practice caution when choosing a casino at which to play. Take the time to check if the casino is accredited by groups such as eCogra or Gambleaware, before spending your time and hard-earned cash. Better yet, stick with one of our recommended Visa casino sites – we’ve done the hard work for you!